i haven't said anything yet, but i signed up for bake sale for haiti hosted by the chic life!
i decided yesterday that i'm going to be adventurous and bake something different. i'm making espresso hazelnut truffle cookies!
- 1 cup shelled hazelnuts
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened but still firm to touch
- 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar or granulated sugar processed 30 seconds in a food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, plus extra for work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Truffle Filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
because the bake sale is being "held" tomorrow, it's obviously too late to sign up, but not too late to get interested in bidding!! any money you spend is sent directly to the american red cross haiti relief and development fund. here are a couple of tidbits you might need to know:
- The bidding on the bake sale will take place Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 all day – from 12:01 am till 11:59pm ET.
- Bids will be accepted via comments and email, but I will have a separate bidding page ready for the actual bidding day.